Nobody want to be involved in a crash, but if you are, this checklist may help
- If anyone needs medical care, call for an ambulance and offer First Aid if you can.
- Switch on our Hazard Lights and if possible, make sure the vehicles involved are moved to a safe place, where possible.
- If there is any obstruction in the road, if a car involved has failed to stop or if any other driver is aggressive or uncooperative, call the Police!
- Don't admit liability
- Get details of any witnesses
- Don't put yourself in danger to make the area safe
- Take any valuables with you if you have to leave your car
- If you can, take any photos at the scene
- Record the accident with the Police, even if it's minor
- Tell your Insurance Company as soon as possible after the incident