If you are carrying out any exercise close to water you can help to stay safe by:
- Ensuring you follow social distancing guidance and staying at least 2 metres away from people you don’t live with
- Never swimming in open water (if there’s no lifeguard then don’t swim)
- Letting someone know where you are going and when you are coming back, if possible
- Taking any warning or safety signs seriously
- Looking out for hazards around water and sticking to proper pathways
- Never entering the water to rescue your dog - who will rescue you?
Film: Dangers of water
Watch the film below featuring Watch Manager Simon Dowling talking about the dangers of water and reminding us how to stay safe.
Looking for activities to occupy and educate children on water safety?
Water safety game (recommended for children aged 5-8) – can you spot the hazards?
Game opens in a new window.