Contact Us

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service


146 Bolton Road

Swinton, Manchester

M27 8US

Tel: 0161 736 5866

For a FREE Safe and Well visit please call:

0800 555 815

Incidents from Saturday, September 2, 2017

Borough: All

Incident Date: 04 September 2017

RTC - Bury

AT 12.03am on Saturday, September 2, two fire engines from Bury and Whitefield were joined by a Technical Response Unit and a Major Rescue Unit from Ashton at a road traffic collision involving two cars in the junction of Rochdale Old Road and Willow Street, Bury.

Firefighters used cutting and spreading equipment to remove two doors and the roof from one of the vehicles so paramedics could deal with the casualties inside.

Two women and a man were rescued and conveyed to hospital by NWAS.

Firefighters remained at the scene for one hour and 40 minutes.


Vehicle fire – Sale

AT 2.32am on September 2, two fire engines from Sale and Stretford dealt with an incident involving four vehicles in Britannia Road, Sale.

A fire started in a pickup truck and spread to two other vehicles either side and a further fire had been started in another car.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and two hose reels to bring the fire under control. Crew remained at the scene for around 30 minutes and it is believed the cause of the fire was deliberate.


Bin fire – Wigan

AT 8.04pm on Saturday, September 2, two fire engines from Wigan and Hindley were joined by colleagues from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service to reports of a fire involving a wheelie bin pushed up against a commercial property in Scot Lane, Wigan.

Firefighter used one hose reel to tackle the fire and utilised a thermal imaging camera to check fire spread to the building.

It is believed the fire was caused deliberately and firefighters remained at the scene for 25 minutes.


Waste fire – Bury

AT 9.03pm on September 2, 2017, two fire engines from Heywood and Whitefield were mobilised to an incident at a skip hire yard in Parks Road, Bury.

The fire involved a large quantity of timber sheeting and firefighters used two jets and one base pump to bring it under control.

Firefighters were at the scene for around 90 minutes.

Last update: 04/09/2017 09:52:31
Subscribe to the Latest Incidents feed