Under The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) you have a general right of access to all types of ‘recorded’ information held by public authorities.
When you ask us for information under FOIA, we will:
- Acknowledge your request within two working days
- Provide you with the information you have asked within 20 working days of receiving your request
- Provide you with advice and assistance to gain access to our information
- Inform you of the exemption that applies if we are not releasing the information you want
- Advise you how to appeal if you are not satisfied with our response.
Please note that in rare cases where we calculate that it will cost more than £450 (the ‘appropriate limit’ as per the Freedom of Information Act 2000) to collate and provide the information you have requested, we may decline to provide the information or issue a fees notice.
For further information on the FOI Act, please check the ICO homepage: https://ico.org.uk/
How to make a Freedom of Information request
Your request must:
- Be in writing (preferably email or post). We cannot take FOI requests by phone.
- Contain a contact name and address – we may need to contact you to clarify the request.
- Contain a clear description of the information required.
If possible, please use our FOI request form
FOI requests can be sent to the following email address: FOI.Officer@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk
You can also send requests for information to us via post:
Greater Manchester Combined Authority,
56 Oxford Street,
If you have any questions regarding FOI, please contact us at FOI.Officer@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk