Weekend incidents July 4, 2016
Incident Date: 04 July 2016
Here is a brief rundown of incidents of note Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service attended this weekend, from Saturday, July 2 to Monday morning, July 4:
- At 10.59am on Saturday, July 2, we attended a fire in the loft of a semi-detached house on Langfield Avenue, Manchester. Crews brought the fire under control using two breathing apparatus and two hose reels, as well as a nine-metre ladder. It was attended by one fire engine from Gorton and two from Salford. They were detained for three hours.
- At 1.13pm we attended a road traffic collision on Bayley Street, Stalybridge. Crews released two casualties from the vehicle using Weber cutting equipment, De Walt saw, stop chocks, neck collars and a casualty shield. Oxygen therapy was also given to the casualties. Crews were there for one hour and 40 minutes. It was attended by one fire engine from Stlaybridge, one from Ashton and a technical response unit and major rescue unit from Ashton.
- At 4.18pm crews attended a fire at an unoccupied detached house on Patch Lane, Bramhall. Firefighters used six breathing kits, three hose reels, breaking in gear, short extension ladder and a positive pressure ventilation fan to bring the fire under control. Crews were there for one and a half hours. One fire engine from Cheadle, one from Stockport and one from Wilmslow were in attendance.
- At 4.47pm we attended a fire involving a pan of food at a property on Augustine Street, Monsall, Manchester. Firefighters used two breathing kits, one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan to bring the fire under control. It was attended by two fire engines from Gorton and one from Blackley. They were for 25 minutes.
- At 5.52pm we responded to a fire at a property on Park Road, Wigan. Two properties were on fire on arrival and crews used six breathing kits and two hose reel jets. It was attended by six fire engines from Wigan, Atherton, Horwich and Hindley, as well as one from Skelmersdale, Lancashire. A hydraulic platform from Leigh was also used along with other specialist appliances.
- At 11.01pm we were called to a fire involving a pan of food at an address on Keely Close, Manchester. One casualty was rescued and given oxygen therapy. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke. Firefighters were on scene for 40 minutes. The incident was attended by three fire engines from Philips Park and Manchester Central.
- At 2.04pm on Sunday, July 3, we attended an incident on Block Lane, in Chadderton. The fire involved a large amount of timber on the ground floor of a derelict mill. There were no people in the building. Firefighters used one hose reel and a thermal image camera. It was attended by fire engines from Oldham and Chadderton. Crews were on scene for 50 minutes.
- At 3.16pm we attended a road traffic collision on Simonsway, in Manchester. One casualty was removed from a vehicle by firefighters and others self-rescued. Oxygen therapy was given. It was attended by fire engines from Wythenshawe and Cheadle, as well as a major rescue unit and technical response unit from Ashton. Crews were there for 50 minutes.
- At 4.16pm we attended a fire involving curtains and bedding in the back bedroom of a mid-terraced house on Amani Street, Manchester. Firefighters used two breathing kits, one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan to bring the fire under control. Crews from Manchester central, Salford, Withington and Whitehill attended and were at the scene for just under an hour.
- At 6.30pm we attended a fire in the roof space of a property on Queens Park Road, Heywood. Crews used breathing kits, one hose reel, a thermal image camera and short extension ladder in putting the fire out. They were for two hours and 40 minutes and it involved two fire engines from Rochdale and one from Heywood.
- At 12.37am on Monday, July 4, we attended a fire involving rubbish in a communal stairwell at Worsley Road, Eccles. Firefighters used two breathing kits, one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation unit and were on scene for 25 minutes. Two fire engines from Eccles and one from Manchester Central.
- At 12.38am we attended a road traffic collision at Richard Street, Rochdale. Firefighters released two people from the vehicle using stabilisation equipment, lighting and hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment. Two fire engines from Rochdale and technical and major incident units from Ashton attended. Crews were on scene for one hour and 15 minutes.
- At 2.41am we attended a fire at a commercial premises on Ramsbottom Lane in Ramsbottom. Crews used six breathing kits, three hose reels and a positive pressure ventilation fan. Crews were on scene for one hour and 50 minutes. Fire engines from Bury, Ramsbottom and Rawtenstall attended.
We will update the voicebank this afternoon / evening. To listen please call: 0871 550 8609.